Diagnose with trich

Hello,  I was diagnosed with Trich today. The guy I got OT from claims he has nothing and that he went to get checked.  I also was having unprotected sex with my fiance of a year never came down with an itch until after I broke up with him and engaged in unprotected sex with a guy 5  weeks prior. My symptoms started 2 weeks after the sex with the new guy. I thought it was a yeast infection and my gyno thought maybe it was BV. My labs came in today and I have Trich.  

The guy claims that he has nothing could he be asymptomatic
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, the most obvious symptom of trich is a green discharge and yes diagnosing trich in men is a bit difficult.
Hey, that's the problem. I never had no green discharge.  I just had a watery discharge.  When the gyno did my pap she thought it was BV and now the labs say Trich. I am not sure if I was misdiagnosed or what. I was given Flagyl and do not have no symptoms since I've taken it. My symptoms started during my period but after it was off I started having leaky watery discharge.
The guy had a gf and she also told me that she did not have any abnormal itching in her vagina.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.