STDs / STIs Community

Doctor help!

Hi,I'm a 22 year old female and I have only had sex with one guy.We were together for over two years.We broke up and are currently back together and having sex.I have herpes and I am on valtrex.Both times we have recently had sex I've had problems the next day.The first time however I was very dry.The second time we used lube.But it's still been the same problems.It burns when I urinate is the biggest problem.I used a mirror to check things out this time and I am red inside my vagina.I don't see any bumps or anything though.The first time we had sex it hurt some (Obviously since I was dry) the second time it didn't hurt until maybe the last few second to a minute at the most.What do you think? Just rubbed raw? Or a small herpes outbreak? Or something else? Also is it possible that maybe if it was a tiny herpes outbreak the first time that it wasn't completely healed and he just rubbed the scab off? I did have him look when this first happened and he said all he seen was a tiny white dot.
Post in the herpes forum, but if you have herpes you must have gotten it from him then if he is the only person you had sex with.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.