STDs / STIs Community

Does this look like herpes?

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5637049159&photo_id=501871607207
I am not comfortable opening a picture. What are your symptoms and where are they located?
No symptoms yet, they are located on the lower edge of the head of the penis
Because signs can vary a great deal, we recommend that an individual see a healthcare provider to be tested if they have a lesion of any kind. This can be swabbed for a culture test or for other sensitive tests. If you do indeed have herpes, there are antiviral medications that can shorten the outbreak and help control the symptoms. If you are researching on the web, The Mayo Clinic is a good resource: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/genital-herpes/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20356167
COMMUNITY LEADER
What is located on the lower edge of your penis?

Check out Pearly Penile Papules - see if that fits whatever this is.
I also have 3 freckle like spots on my scrotum, could those be caused by herpes? They are not bumps as they appear to be part of my skin and not bumped out. I’m just scared and have been checking myself worried all week. Also what are the chances of catching herpes while wearing a condom? I’m sorry for all the questions I’m just worried
Freckle like spots are not likely to be herpes, and you've probably had those for a long time, and just now noticed them since you are anxious.

It's unlikely that you'd get herpes from a single, condom-protected encounter, but it's possible. If you are concerned about these spots, why not go to a doctor and get them checked? They can tell you if they are normal or not, and go from there.

It's normal to be scared, but you can put your mind at ease by getting them checked.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.