I had a relationship with a woman for about a month without any negative effects. I always used protection. I met up with her again last Sunday July 22nd, a month has passed since we had sex, and she told me that she has not slept with anyone since me. We had sex and as always I used protection. On Tuesday, I noticed a small red area about the size of a pencil eraser on the left side of my scrotum. It was red and day by day the redness has subsided. Today, exactly a week later, it is still a red. It is smooth, no raised bumps, not weeping any fluid, just red. It does not itch very much, and I have left that area alone. I know that a person can go crazy online trying to figure out what they may have if anything. I am wondering if there is a possibility that I may have picked up Herpes. I am not sure how often Herpes affect the scrotum, which is why I am asking you. I know that from what I have read that Herpes can appear from 2-20 days, but I am pretty scared and am looking for insight. Maybe it’s that I am deathly scared to get an incurable disease.
Here is what I am wondering.
1. How hard is it to pick up Herpes with a latex condom?
2. Does Herpes usually affect the scrotum?
3. Does it start out as a rash like mine in just one area or does it go right to bumps/blisters?
4. Do my symptoms sound like Genital Herpes?
5. Does this sound like Syphilis or any other STD?