STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Dry skin on shaft

I have had a patch of dry skin on the shaft of my penis off and on for a couple months now.  The area is red and smooth.  Then it will dry up or peel.  No bumps, discharge, pain, itching or anything else.  Doesn't create any kind of discomfort.  Not sure what it is.  Also, the underside of the tip of my penis, where that little patch of skin is on a circumsized penis is, has developed what looks to be a bubble.  Does not go away, been there since I returned back from an overseas mission.  It's not herpes I know.  Looks nothing like those blisters and does not go away.  Any thoughts
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome. The best way to relieve your anxiety is to have a doctor take a look. There are a few  things that can be picked up overseas. I was out for 5 years in india and came back with a bump on my nose diagnosed as Molluscum contagiosum. Injected it with quinine and went away in few weeks..
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.