A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.5k Members

First time having sex, worried about std

Hi,
Yesterday was my first time having oral sex (sex altogether). I'm gay, and had oral sex with a guy I didn't know very well. I was the receiving partner. I wore a condom that my partner provided. I had no contact with his genitalia or his mouth. He stroked his penis and afterward briefly touched my penis before I had a condom on.  during oral sex, however, I was wearing a condom.  As this is my first time having sex, I'm worried about a possible std infection. Does this experience warrant std (including HIV) testing?
5 Responses
No single protected experience warrants testing.
But sexually active people should test every Year or 6mos or so.

In this case I'd be really shocked if you got anything. Seriously. You're okay.
Thank you Night292Rec!! Your words are reassuring.  It was my first time and I've just been freaking out a bit as I didn't know the person that well. Much appreciated!!
101028 tn?1419603004
protected oral sex is no risk at all for std's which is why we recommend it :)

have you  had your gardasil shot series too for hpv?

grace
Thank you gracefromhhp!!! As this is my first sexual experience, I had not considered gardasil shots before.  I was a bit worried about my experience.  Although I used protection during oral sex, my partner did touched my penis after touching his.
101028 tn?1419603004
gardasil works best when started when you've had as few exposures as possible. time to look into them for your future protection :)
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.