STDs / STIs Community

Freaked out. Was safe until condom broke.

So I had protected anal sex with another man of unknown status last night up until the condom ruptured. After I felt it break, I pulled out immediately. I was exposed for about 2 to 3 seconds. What's the risk for STDs? Would this warrant testing? Any thoughts are appreciated. I'm freaking out here.
If it was only 2-3 seconds then your risk was very very low. Overall no real reason for testing, but you can if you want to be 100%.
I actually posted this to the expert forum as well and got a response from Dr.Hook. He said I have a less than 1 percent chance of any overall infection. So would it be negligible for testing?
Yep
Sorry to be a bother again but if the Doc said less than 1 percent isn't it essentially zero. I'm messing with own head. Still afraid I got infected with something even with what Hook said. Can't help it.
Not zero but as close to zero as possible, meaning for all intense purposes probably not going to happen.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.