Gave Oral, Std scare, is Negative result full panel test accurate?

Hi, I have a question about stds and a sexual encounter I had.
First of all, i'm a male. So after 2 weeks of giving oral to a friend for about 3 minutes or so who did not finish in my mouth, I took a full panel std/hiv testing. I was stressing out afterwards over the incident and what I might have contracted. A week or so later I noticed what looked like Geographic Tongue and I was feeling a cold coming just before the incident so when my throat started feeling a little like I was getting sick, I couldn’t tell if it was that or from my sexual encounter. I thought it looked a little red in the back and like i had little bumps in the far back of my throat.nI saw my gp about 4 weeks after the act for my tongue and throat. My gp said it all looked alright and just to be safe sent me to a dermatologist for my tongue, who didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Sorry for the long post. I just thought i'd throw out some info. Main question is: Do you think two weeks was too soon for testing based from my sexual encounter? It’s been about 7 weeks since the encounter now and my tongue seems to be fine but once in a while looks like i still have the geographic tongue looking marks. Thank you for taking the time to read my all over the place post.

This discussion is related to Risk of Syphilis ?.
Overall your risk was low, i see no reason for testing and see nothing that makes me think a STD.
Hey Vance, I heard it was low-risk but that syphilis, gonorrhea and herpes and sometimes hiv (I think those were it) were the stds most likely to be contracted via oral sex. That's why I took the full panel test which came back negative but heard syphilis can take 4-6 weeks to show positive. Atm I don't think I have any symptoms but some light reddish color on one side of my mouth. I thought it looks similar to angular cheilitis. Side Note: The dermatologist did mention that it looked like I had some sort of light yeast infection around my mouth because it looked a little pink but I didn't even notice that before he told me. Maybe that's what could be causing the angular cheilitis?
Anyways, I do have a partner with who we were monogamous until this incident on my part which I regret completely. Do you think the negative test results I have received means it's alright for me to continue having sex with my partner? Thanks again for reading.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.