STDs / STIs Community

General HPV transmission questions

Doctor H., I was hoping you could answer a few questions I have about HPV transmission. After studying your other posts, I was able to gather a general understanding of how this transmission works. I need a little clarification after a particular night and need to hear it from you to know whether or not I'm out of the woods.  

From what I understand, HPV is transmitted in two ways. One is through a break in the skin or a mucous membrane with varying degrees of risk depending on where I'm talking about.  

I was with my friend and we were dry humping, so limited sexual contact concerning only the penises but absolutely no friction whatsoever. So I don't believe HPV could be transmitted through a break in the skin, assuming my friend has it in the first place, because no hard rubbing occurred and was more like our penises were tapping one another.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My main concern is through the mucous membrane, taking in the information from above, with just this limited tapping assuming my friend has HPV, which he may not.  
     Is it possible for HPV to be transmitted through the opening at the tip of the penis or the glans of the penis itself (the head)? I've recently learned that the glans of the penis is also considered a mucous membrane so this information has gotten me all worked up. Logically, I would think that if my friend had HPV and his infected penis was touching the glans of my penis, transmission is likely. However, what I understand from other posts this may not be the case. But I need a direct opinion from you because I don't feel like this question has been posed this way, so I would really appreciate a detailed response explaining whether or not this is a likely case of HPV transmission. Thank You.

This discussion is related to Transmission Question.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.