STDs / STIs Community

Genital Warts and Oral Sex

Is there any way that a man can give oral to a woman who has genital warts? I know they say u can use dental dams and things like that but, (sorry to be graphic) what if he wants to taste? What r the chances of him doing it and not getting the warts in or around his mouth?
COMMUNITY LEADER
If she has visible warts, I'd advise against it.  Oral warts are rare, but you are more likely to get them if she has actual warts.

Is she getting them treated?

AJ
Hi, Yes right now the warts r visible in some areas. I was having them treated with the ointment aldara (i think it is called). My Gyno hasn't seemed too worried about them. Me i worry myself sick. I am figuring my sex life is over as of now. The Dr. and nurses seems to just say they go away on their own. Yes they do usually but, i am a  very large woman which with their breeding ground is more potent with a larger woman. I just pray all the time. The reason i asked this question to begin with is my b/f who is in jail right now is due to be released soon and it is hard to have him understand the risks and also for me to ultimately feel like my life is over. Thanks for responding.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your life isn't near over.  It doesn't matter how large you are.  It does matter though that you have other health issues.  Maybe now is a good time to work to become as healthy as you can be.  Make sure your diabetes is under control, work on losing some weight, etc.

They will go away, but they go away faster the healthier you are, in general.

Did you get these FROM your bf?  If you did, then he can't be re-infected.  I would still avoid oral sex with symptoms - that's just a good rule to live by anyway.

Aj
Hi there, Thanks for u support i so appreciate it. it makes things not so bad. I am working on my health. I hope that they go away i have had them well over 8 months.

No I didnt get them from my current b/f, my current b/f is in prison is due to get out in May and of course being he has been in there so long he is so looking forward to all the perks if u know what I mean. He does know about them is willing to use a condom during intercourse but, like I said oral is what he is really wanting to do but, as i told him with an outbreak it isnt a good idea but, i told him that all is up to him. My Dr seems to think that if the guy doesnt care then no biggie. Of course i could have went and not told him but i am not that type of person. I am not sure where i got them. No idea, i have never noticed any on a man that i have been with. So am not sure.

I am afraid that no man will ever want to be with me again because of this but, i try to keep my spirits up and try not to think that but, it gets hard sometime.

Thank you though when i hear from u and ppl like u. i feel alot better. Take care

Melissa
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh women are good at coming up with reasons why no one will want us lol.  If it wasn't an std, it would be because we had kids, or can't have kids, or have short hair, or long hair, or because we don't have a college degree, or because we have an advanced degree.  We might be too short or too tall, etc etc etc.

80% will have this in their lifetimes, so if some guy doesn't want to be with you because of it, then good luck to him in finding someone that doesn't have it or hasn't had it lol.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.