STDs / STIs Community

Genital Warts

Never had warts before went for a pap and was diganosed with pre-cancer cells they said probably from a STD.  (this was months ago) now i have a few warts.  I have had all normal paps and had a hysterectomy 8 years ago.  Can warts be dormit for that long and finally surface?  could my husband get them even if they were dormit?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you sure they are warts?  The longest I've seen anyone who absolutely got warts after a long time was 7 years.  She had been abstinent for 7 years, and then got warts.

You should also check out the hpv forum here for more info.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.