STDs / STIs Community

Giving Oral Sex with a guy with a Prince Albert Piercing (PA)

Hi Group,

Quick question, I was with a guy last night and we played around. He had a prince albert on his penis and I sucked for about 3 minutes. Then later, he took the piercing out and I sucked for about another minute. No ejaculation in my mouth, a little precum only and just sucking. Was I at risk for anything?

Jim
Two days out from this incident, I have a cold sore on my bottom lip. Any connection to this incident???
oral sex is low risk for std's. we still recommend only giving and receiving protected oral sex - saves you worry as well as protects you.

have you ever had a cold sore before? have you ever been tested for herpes to know your own status?

you have had multiple questions on the forums about your risk for std's, have you ever done reading on std's like on www.ashastd.org?

grace
I have had cold sores before, I have tested positive for HSV-1. But can someone get 2 by giving oral sex?

I will check out the website. Thanks for the resource.

JIm
you can contract hsv2 orally but the odds of that are rather low.

you have a history of cold sores so no reason to doubt this is anything more than a recurrence brought on by the friction/irritation of performing oral on someone.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.