STDs / STIs Community

Glans: red colour (like rash), raised meatus, wrinkles

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I noticed a slight reddening of my glans on only one side (as well as a small raised patch the size of a pinky nail). The upper side of the glans was also red. Doc prescribed fucidin, and it seems to help a little bit after 5 days. However, a week after stopping fucidin it came back but on the other side, and I'm now also noticing that the urethral opening/meatus is slightly red and raised (but not significantly...could just be in my mind). Another doc told me to keep using fucidin but after 7 more days, the red/raised part seems gone but the glans is still redder than before. The glans has also now become dry and wrinkly with grooves, which remains regardless of erection/flaccid (I'm uncircumcised). A couple times a day I also get some very mild pain/burning near the glans that lasts for a couple of seconds - there's no discharge, change in urination pattern, burning while urinating,  In terms of sexual history I started having unprotected sex with girlfriend a few months ago, but we were both virgins before...

What do you guys think this could be?? Perhaps something fungal since the redness/wrinkles are still there even after using fucidin?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.