STDs / STIs Community

HIV Testing?

I did a HIV, sphyillis and Hepatitis A,B,C testing after 24 days of exposure, do I neet redo all these tests?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes.

HIV depends on which test you did. 4th gen is probably conclusive.

Syphilis test needs to be done again at 90 days. Hep A - 4-6 months. Hep B - 6 weeks. Hep C - 6-9 weeks.

That all said, what is your exposure? You may not need some or all of these tests. Hep A and C, for example, are rarely transmitted sexually.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.