STDs / STIs Community

HIV symptoms

Goodmorning. I'm new here so bare with me. I have been envoved with numerous sex partners the past two years but only oral sex. Recently I've been noticing that I'm starting to get frequent sore throats and colds. I've never been tested for any std's just annual check ups. I'm concerned about HIV so I've been reading a lot about it and it seems oral sex carries a slight risk for infection my question is are my symptoms HIV related.
it's not likely you contracted hiv from just oral sex.  it is the cold and flu season so it's up to you if you think this is worth any std testing for.

if you aren't aware of a partner's status, you should only be having protected oral sex - both giving and receiving.  

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.