STDs / STIs Community

HIV

Dear Doc,

I had high risk sex on Oct 27th, 2009 Night. I was really scared..next day I went to a Doctor.. and he suggested a few tests. I gave my blood sample on 4th November for which the results came negative.

Following tests were carried on:

1. HIV-1 RNA(Qualitative) Detection: MEthod-(RT-PCR)

2. HIV-DUO(Serum) by CMIA(IV Generation test)

HIV-p24 antigen detection, serum by ELFA

Nucleic acid detection: HIV-Proviral DNA, blood by PCR.

Now, my question is since the test sample was as early as the eighth day; can I rely completely on the results? or should I take another test in 3 months. Please advice.

First, there are no doctors on free forum.  Second, there is a forum dedicated to HIV questions.  The link is above in blue letters.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.