STDs / STIs Community

HPV-Married Affairs

I'm married and have had an affair with 2 women.  I've never contracted anything from them and have tested accordingly.  Both of the women I have had affairs with have been in married for a considerable time, but found out today the one has Hpv on her most current pap.  We first started having sex in June (unprotected).  She has had her tubes tied and I had a vasectomy 6 years ago.  She's been married 12 years and I've been married 15.  Did I give her HPV somehow?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, the answer to your question will never be confirmed but chances are she had it before you knew her.
Could she have had it for years and it just been dormant?
COMMUNITY LEADER
yes
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.