STDs / STIs Community

HPV Wart Tip of Penis

Hey there, I have a quick question regarding something I spotted on the tip of my penis recently. Approximately 3 to 4 weeks ago I noticed a patch of skin pigmentation on the tip of my penis . It hasn't itched to hurt or anything. However Idid notice that at certain angles depending on how you look at it there is a slightly raised bump on the edge of it. I say certain angles because if I look at it a certain way it's almost like there's nothing there, but if I look at it a different way it looks like there might be A raised bump there. This brings me to my question, at what rate do genital warts grow, because this so-called raised bump hasn't increase really in size in the last 2-3 weeks. That's based on looking at it at that certain angle. If i spread the skin,  I don't really see any raised bump, it's just that one certain angle I looked at it that I see it. Could this be just something I have noticed for the first time? I'd appreciate any response thank you
COMMUNITY LEADER
I, ive never seen any studies on wart growth rates but i believe it is somewhat noticable so from what your describing would not suggest hpv wart,
So it's safe to say that if this so-called spot doesn't grow in the next week or two and then it's not a wart?
Is there anyone on this forum that would have more insight to it?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes i would say that.
Okay thanks, last question Dave, 3-4 weeks ago I would say I would have to get close w the eye or take a picture to see this bump. Now from the right angle I can see it w just bending over a little bit and getting a closer look. Is that significant growth? Or something that can be overlooked? I just feel like I would have recognized some thing like this in my last 10 years...
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.