STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Had unprotected sex

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm a male in my mid 20s. 1 week ago I had unprotected sex with a lady who had multiple partners in the past. The very next day, I felt a burning pain inside my urethra and it progressively grew worse as days past. After drinking cranberry pills and lots of water for 3 days straight, the burning urination problem stopped but whenever I put pressure on the tip of my penis I feel a slight "needle" feeling pain. However, there's no discharge or visible warts. On the same 1st week after unprotected sex, I started feeling lethargic, nausea, and overall tired. I haven't been able to sleep for more than 4 hours a day. I went to get tested for STDs and I'm waiting for my results this weekend. The doctor said it's not a UTI or flu. I am very paranoid and depressed by this, as I can't stand waiting and waiting...I am convinced it's an STD but don't know what it is yet. Does anyone have an idea as to what STD would cause these symptoms within the 1st week? Could it be the HIV virus?
These are not symptoms of HIV, which take 1-3 weeks to emerge and symptoms involve temperature, sore throat and body rash and do not involve the penis! The odds of the female having HIV, then not disclosing, then a female to male transmission occurring is very remote.

Not sure why a UTI isn't a possibility here as it seems likely. Remember that the serious STIs of chlamydia and gon are tested for because they are typically asymptomatic. Anything symptomatic is usually less serious and treated on the spot with appropriate antibiotics.

For best results you need to test 2 weeks after possible infection.
Thank you for the quick answer!! I will update this post as time goes on.
Do you have any idea as to why I'm feeling lethargic though? I literally have no motivation, feel very tired, mild headache, and body stiffness. It's so coincidental that I'm feeling so tired after a couple days of exposure..
You are completely stressed out by the episode and lacking quality sleep. You need plenty of water (liters per day), good food, plenty of fresh air and try to sleep some more.
I understand, but could it also be hepatitus B? My current symptoms are eerily similar to this particular virus: fatigue
a short, mild, flu-like illness,
nausea and vomiting,
loss of appetite.
I found out I had a vaccination for Hepatitis B a long time ago. Can I still get infected with the HBV virus?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.