STDs / STIs Community

Heavy discharge while undergoing treatment for Chlamydia & gonorrhea

Hi, I am under treatment for Gonorrhea & Chlamydia as i didnt go for a test but had a colorless and sometimes white & light yellow discharge from tip of my penis with a burning sensation & frequent urination. Doctor gave me doxycycline 100mg for 10days. I am on my 4th day. Since yesterday discharge has increased and its not stopping. Is this normal or is this how it gets healed. I am worried if the medication isnt working or this is how you get healed from gonorrhea or chlamydia. Please help. Pain has reduced a bit when i urinate
After searching a lot on the internet and after getting pm's from other patients like me. I am posting my experience. I have been suggested doxycycline 100mg for 10days. symptoms start with burning sensation near the tip of the penis followed by watery clear discharge. Infection and symptoms start within 4 to 5 days after unprotected sex with a person who is suffering from gonorrhea or chlamydia. I went to the doc the moment i had my first symptom. second day itching will be more but the discharge color will change from clear to thick and sticky.. 3rd & 4th it would be complete white and it would be beyond your control to stop the discharge. Pain during urination & erection. The white discharge is bacteria, dead cells & ur body white cells trying to fight the infection. It can be white, yellowish white or light green... 5th day i noticed a little blood in my discharge, But after 5 days of medication, Discharge became clear again.. it turned to sticky and finally watery.. today no discharge and it healed completely. I do have normal erection also.

Things to be noticed that you are healing and medicine is working.
1. Discharge color changes.
2. Drink lots of water and keep peeing.
3. Will have pain during sleep but it will slowly fade away.
4. Do not skip the medication. Continue the full course suggested by your doc. If you stop the virus may become resistant to the antibiotic and infection may come back. If it does then the same medicine will no longer work for you.
5. Discharge and color tends to become thin and finally will come back to clear watery urine discharge.

Hope this helps to all those who are worried if the medicine is working for them or not. This is how my healing process worked.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.