STDs / STIs Community

Help! Did I get an STD?

I was using a public restroom, and I noticed there was a thumbnail-sized stain of something bright red (maybe blood?) at the bottom of the toilet (under the water, near the toilet's hole). I should have flushed it first, but the water was otherwise clear and I thought the stain wouldn't go away anyway, nor would water splash on me. I peed first and then pooped. The problem is, when I pooped, a little bit of water splashed up on me. When I flushed everything, the stain was gone.

If the stain in the toilet was blood, and it had a bacterial STD or virus (HIV) did it seep into the water? Or did the coldness of the water and the chemicals in my urine kill it? I'm so scared I have an STD from this splash of water from the toilet. Please help.
this absolutely was not a risk for you!

grace
Thank you very much for the response. I feel better now.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.