STDs / STIs Community

Herpes Cure???

Are they ANY closer to finding a cure for this "problem"??  I know it is not life threatening, and Id rather them find a cure be for cancer or aids....but whenever I try to research a cure for HSV  I find nothing.  I am thankful for the treatment, but is an actual cure for HSV likely in the near future??  I have hope :)
there is no cure for hsv 1 or 2, there is treatment that can help take out the symptoms of it. U gotta eat right in order for u to have no symptoms, mainly vitamin c and zinc, vitamin pills wont do the job, u gotta drink juices and fruits. Peace
Name one virus that they have cured?  I'll give you a couple of hours to think about it.

grace
OUCH...forgive me for having any hope.  :(
I saw on the internet that there was a press release about the use of Nanotechnology to disrupt the ability for a virus to bond to living cells (press release was sometime in late 2005).  This is a possibilty being looked into to cure the HIV virus.  A sample with HIV infection that was inoculated with silver nanoparticles and it killed the HIV in 24 hours.  This is a new technology and it is still man many years in the future if at all but there is new developments in the world of cellular biology.  So you never know when someone might come along with a cure.  Though it is fairly unlikely
Oh I'm definitely still crossing my fingers that one day someone will stumble upon an actual cure for herpes. I definitely wouldn't say - oh no I don't want the cure I LOVE having herpes and taking pills everyday. We actually did a poll once on the herpes homepage where we asked - how much would you be willing to pay for a cure - the results were very interesting. I actually had one of the higher amounts - I said I"d pay up to $5000 for a cure for myself. When asked why I"d put that much money out to be cured when I'm such an advocate for living with herpes "normally" - my response was - I've spent far, far , FAR more than that already in my lifetime on medications for herpes. I still have at least half my life to live ( I hope ).  $5000 would be a steal for me and hell I"ve already been popping pills and dealing with it for over 20 years now - don't I deserve a break?   Of course if it was one of those "biblical" choices where I had to make a choice of curing my own herpes or curing something like diabetes, cancer, hiv etc - I'd keep my herpes.  My herpes is a nuisance - a literal pain in the *** most times.  It would be a convenience for me to cure it. There are certainly other conditions out there that deserve a cure first - that's a total no brainer for me considering the hardship and heartbreak I watch familes go thru every single day at my "real" job ( you know the one where they pay me money! ).  And if my choice was a vaccine to keep my kids from ever having to deal with herpes or a cure for myself - I"ll be marching my *** up to the pharmacy counter for my refills as usual. I'd rather see my kids never have to go thru this before I'd want to be rid of this virus in myself.  

I actually do think we'll see a cure for many viruses in my lifetime - I just don't see it happening within the next 10 years unfortunately.

grace
small pox was cured,
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.