STDs / STIs Community

Hiv and syphilis through oral.

About 8 weeks ago I performed unprotected oral on aman without ejaculation. (I am female). I took an oraquick at 6 weeks and it was negative, but now I have a spot in my mouth that seems like secondary syphilis. I am very worried because I know Hiv and syphilis co-occur often. Is syphilis easier to catch than Hiv? Is it possible that I have syphilis but not hiv? And should I still be worried about Hiv? The unprotected oral was my only exposure.
You had no risk of HIV. Oral sex isn't a way HIV infects. Oral can can be a risk for other STDs. Please post in the respective forum for sound advice.
Okay, how often would you say syphilis is contracted without Hiv as well?
COMMUNITY LEADER
To contract syphilis the man would need to have an active open chancre sore on his penis shaft for you to contract it in the mouth but i doubt he did as you giving him oral would have noticed the chancre and it would have been to painful for him anyway. Speculating is of no value, testing is the only valid answer
Okay, if I do have syphilis should I be worried about Hiv?
COMMUNITY LEADER
No
Okay, and if I did contract syphilis orally sores would not show up on my genitals would they?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.