STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Hoping it's just dry skin but...

I have had growingly itchy skin under the scrotum area. I thought nothing of it till it became infuriating how itchy it got. I was itching my skin raw. Recently the skin has turned red in some areas and around those areas are what look sort of like a rash on my inner thigh. I did have a girlfriend about 6 months ago that slept around a lot, i didn't know it at the time of course. But now I am wondering if she gave me something? My health insurance isn't doing it's job at the moment so I can't see my doctor. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks
Jock itch?  Or it may be a fungal infection.  Really, all you can do is see a doctor, preferably a dermatologist.  Sorry.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.