STDs / STIs Community

How is chlamydia diagnosed in throat

I know it is rare to have chlamydia in the throat, but I am curious as to if this shows on urine tests or if it can be transferred from throat the genitals through oral?

This discussion is related to Chlamydia of the Throat diagnosis.
you tried to post on someone else's post on the std experts forum so it was bumped over to here.

no, an oral chlamydia infection won't be detected on urine tests. it would involve an oral swab to be done.

grace
If someone has had oral sex with someone with it, and then normal sex with them, would they end up with it in both areas?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.