STDs / STIs Community

How likely is it to have an STD for more than four years without knowing?

I have been in a monogamous relationship for almost 2 years. I am still with this person. Before that, I was in another for roughly a year. There was one person in between those who I only had oral sex with. I don't think I could have gotten an STD from any of them. My question is; how likely is it that I have had an STD this whole time and am just finding out about it? No one I have ever been with has had any symptoms of an STD, at least while I was with them. It seems unlikely that all of my previous partners were also asymptomatic also.

I also have interstitial cystitis, so it's tough to tell the difference between these symptoms and new ones. I have only had a lot of itching on my outer labia, and a very slight burning. No discharge at all. When I do have it, it's my normal clearish white discharge. Very minimal. This is on top of urethral burning that I always have from the IC. I went to get checked for a yeast infection, but it came up negative. I took diflucan to treat it anyway.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, what type of std are you referring to?
Any of them, really.
I was just wondering how likely it would be that ANY disease would fit this description. I don't necessarily think I have a specific STD.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well you said you always have the urethra discomfort from your IC so we are down to the itching and burning on your labia. This could be from a fungus or Trich which is a parasite. Exterior issues can not be from Gono or Chlamydia.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.