STDs / STIs Community

How long to recover.

I contracted syphilis 4 months ago.  I was treated for the infection using two huge syringes of the approved form of Bicilin.  I had been suffering from feelings of fatigue and slightly enlarged lymph nodes. I also had a small sore on my penis and a slight rash.  I tested negative for HIV, I waited three months after the encounter to take the HIV test in order for an accurate result.  The doctor said the symptoms were common for a syphilis infection and I tested positive for syphilis.

The question:  How long does it take for the symptoms to go away?  I recieved my injection of Biclin 4 days ago.  I like to exercise.  When will I be back to my old energetic self?
Symptoms can last for a couple of weeks.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.