STDs / STIs Community

How to know if you may have an STD?

I am female, 22 and for the past month I've had a chunky white discharge that smells kind of yeasty/bloody but no blood. Today I was tested for bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection, both came up negative. The doctor gave me the pill for yeast infection in case it was a false negative and said in a week maybe get STD tested. I've also been experiencing itching in the anal area, bloating every day, and diahera/constapation. The odor is quite strong, making me wear a pad to help a little from sitting down at work.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, a chunky white discharge is surly a sign of a yeast infection not an std. Most std show symptoms from your uretha no so much in the vaginal area. However a green vaginal discharge could be associated with Trich which is a parasite.
Lately I've actually been wondering if it is a parasite? Nothing's been sitting easy in my stomach and I've lost my appetite but still feel bloated even after not eating. A few times I've noticed a little green/yellow tint discharge but for the most part it is white.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.