STDs / STIs Community

I have a strange sensation at the tip of my penis?

So two weeks ago exactly I had a drunken one night stand. It was unprotected and I didn't ejaculate. The next day (about 12 hours) after the incident I had a weird tingling/pinching sensation at the meatus or tip of my penis. I can't tell if it's internal or external. I just know the tip is having a strange sensation. I went to the doctors about a week after and had an STD test done for chlamydia and gonnorhea and the results came back negative. The symptoms persisted so I went back in and they tested me again two days after I got the results for the first test. I aired concerns about NGU and a possible UTI, they did another urinalysis and dip test and both came back negative with no signs of bacteria. They gave me a 1g dose of azithromycin and did a physical examination and told me that everything looks good. I took the full dose a little over four days ago. The sensation has gotten a bit better, but it comes and goes. I have no other symptoms of an std, no discharge, no inflammation or redness, and it doesn't hurt when I urinate. It's actually pretty relieving when I urinate.

I'm incredibly stressed out and I don't want to continue making trips to my doctor. The sex was pretty rough. I asked about the possibility of a urethral cut and they told me they would have detected blood in my urine.

Any ideas what this might possibly be?

(I posted this in men's health as well before I noticed there was an STD/STI Forum)
I had the same problem and tested positive for chalmydia, but via blood work. The urine culture came back negative for chlamydia some how. I know what you're going through and I can tell you it really sucks. My anxiety made it 10 times as bad. If there was an infection it just takes time to heal. I went in for 3 months straight.. doc, urologist and therapy. I don't have an infection anymore but my urologist said it could've been the infections was cured but the inside of urethra is still healing. When you say urinating feels better I know exactly what you mea, its like its soothing (because its not dry inside). That's all I can say for that. Just give it time to heal.. I had test done at 4, 8 and 14 weeks. all tests were negative after the initial infection.
If I do have it, do you think that the azithromycin would have cleared it up or at least made it non contagious? It's been roughly 100 hours since I took the 1g dose.
Yes the Azith would clear it up. You are 98% cured but its always good to get checked 4 weeks after treatment.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi since the irritation occured only a few days after it would appear more of an injury than any std. Symptoms of things like gono and chlamydia appear about a week later and if you never had any white puss discharge you can pretty much rule out you caught them.
Any news on your ongoing situation?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.