STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

I think im In big Trouble DR !!! HIV ???...I Really need advice !!!

My question is in late April of 2010 I hand swollen glands and lymphnodes The doctor sent me for HIV tests all kinds of tests I ended up coming back positive for Mono !!! I hadnt slept with a girl since mid-march at that time and I came back negative for HIV,,, On june 11th 2010 I slept with a girl once unprotected and she phoned me 3 weeks later and said she was inconclusive for positive HIV !!! A week later she phoned me and told me her tests came back positive !!! I went and got tested 6 weeks after being with her and I told my Dr everything he called me back 5 days later I went in and my tests were negative !!! Im still very scared !!! Do you have any good news or advice for me ???

This discussion is related to hiv-testing after 6 weeks ???.
you need further testing. You need to get tested at 3 months from the last encounter for it to be conclusive. But since you were tested after 6 weeks and it came back negative, you have a very good indication of your status. I know you are scared right now but take a deep breathe. I do not think there is a documented case of someone changing after their 6 week test. I know you are going through a lot of anxiety right now so if you do need someone to talk to shoot me an email.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.