If I tested positive for Chlamydia, will my partner as well??

About a month ago I tested positive for Chlamydia and was treated with antibiotics. I have a re-check appointment in a week. I have some questions as I have never been faced with such embarrassing elements. Im not in a confirmed relationship, however, the person I am sexually involved with was made aware of this situation. He insists he has nothing. I told him that he needs to go to the doctor and get treatment, and he is still insiting he is fine. Im not sure what to do in this case. We had sexual intercourse lastnight, used a condom and it broke towards the very end...and now i am worried that i could get re-infected. Do you have any suggestions? Would it be wise to ask my doctor if they could give me something (medication) for him for treatment as well? And what is the medicine...a z pack? Is it possible that this could clear up on its own? Im a nervous wreck and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to Chlamydia Tests Between Partners.  One Positive One Negative.  How?.
Oh and can I get it from kissing him? My tongue feels funny, kinda hairy or something. He claims that he has nothing wrong. I told him that according to what i've researched, its a pretty silent infection. Would he show symptoms, if so what kind? I originally thought I had a UTI and was treated for that, but wouldnt get better so my dr did a swab test and sure enough, its positive. Im freaked out by this.....help
You would not get it from kissing. You need to be retested 1 week after the sex. Partner needs to get tested. If your partner will not then stop having sex.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.