STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Internal warts

I am on HIV theropy, but have INTERNAL anal warts...is there anything I can do to get rid of them.
Hey, there's a Living with HIV forum, and the users there I think are the best people to answer your question :)
There's lots you can do to combat warts...but since yours are internal, normal treatments like Aldara or other HPV topical treatments may be ineffective. The best thing to do would be to schedule an appointment with a proctologist and request for cryo, laser, or leep therapy to remove them. After that, you'll need to have annual anal pap smears to ensure that the cells in your anus do not undergo dysplasia...thus putting you at risk for anal cancer.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.