STDs / STIs Community

Is Hepatitis C STD?

Hi! I have got one question: Is Hepatitis C a STD?

I was looking for information about this, but I found only generalization ("always use condom") or messages like "scientists aren't sure how Hepatitis C is spreading",

Can i get Hepatitis C by protected vaginal (i'm hetero man) protected anal or unprotected oral (blowjob)? Can i get Hepatitis C by unprotected vaginal/anal/oral or by giving oral? Is blood, vaginal secretions, saliva are substances of infectious?

Looking forward for your reply! Thanks ;)
COMMUNITY LEADER
yes contact with blood but its not that common. How many people do you know infected with Hep C? None? I dont. Infections and risks are in the forefront of the news and you just dont see alot of urgent information poping up about hep c in every day life.
Bottom line is having sexual affairs outside a long term mono relationship is a risk for all kind of infections and i suspect you have anxiety about this.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, hep c is not efficently spread sexually but is possible.
Thanks for fast response!

Can I get Hepatitis C by protected vaginal/anal sex or unprotected oral?
Sorry for extra post but i cant edit.

I must come into contact with blood to be infected, right? Saliva and vaginal discharge can not infect?
Yey, so protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex are about 0 risk, beacause there is no blood =)

Only anal sex may be risky.
Hepatitis C is not classified as a STD.  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.