STDs / STIs Community

Is it okay to use metronidazole vaginal tablet and clindamycin cream together?

Approximately 3/4 months ago I had constantly pain after going to the toilet and pee. So since then I'm visiting the doctor again and again. They told me that I have a yeast infection and STD, I received a few times different kind of metronidazole and other medicines for my yeast infection. Till now i still have yellow discharge and some pain. It seems that every time I have to go the doctor I get some new antibiotic. However the doctor told me that the yeast infection is gone, but I still have some bacterial infection.So the doctor gave me Metronidazole vaginal tablet and clindamycin cream. She told me to use it for 10 days. But she also told me to use it separately so one night metronidazole and one the other night clindamycin. Now is my question what does she mean because I have 10 vaginal tablets of metronidazole and that makes it 20 days and not 10 days if I use one night after one night. Since I'm also using these antibiotics I have a burning feeling in my stomach after everything I eat. Does the antibiotics have something to do with that?
Mixing any medication you need to speak to a Dr about.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.