STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Is this a yeast infection?

5 days ago I gave and received unprotected oral sex with a person whom I consider at ver high risk of carrying STDs, although recently tested all negative (last test 45 days ago).

The following evening I developed the following symptoms, which have persisted for 5 days and are now in their 6th even though they do seem to be getting milder:

- red spots on tip of tongue, like inflamed taste buds
- burning sensation on the same area
- white tongue (not coated, more similar to symptom of a stomach flu)
- slight nausea (now gone)
- occasional abdominal pains
- night sweating

I was afraid this might be early symptoms of a herpes infection but now I am wondering if I shouldn't be considering the candida albicans option. I have been very worried about this so any advice on a sensible course of action would help.

Thanks for your time!
The white tongue could be a yeast infection, but that is not a STD.
Getting a STD from oral sex is low risk. See a Dr to discuss symptoms.
Thanks for your prompt reply! I will be seeing a tongue expert this Saturday.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.