STDs / STIs Community

Itchy Urethra - now gone - still freaked out

After a much longer than normal sexual encounter (2-3 hours straight, compared to 20 min - 1 hour normally) which was almost completely protected but not 100%, I developed an itch in my urethra the next day. It was at the base of my penis behind my testicles, and seemed to travel somewhat to the tip. I drank water, cranberry, and gave it a couple days before I decided to go to the clinic. The itchy sensation is completely gone. I have however convinced myself that the tip of my penis is slightly burning/irritated. I'm not sure if there is pain when I pee, but if there is, it's not strong enough for me to definitely say it hurts when I pee (same with ejaculation.) I have not been able to find any discharge in my underwear or on my penis, so I do not think there is any discharge.

I've had friends tell me that rigorous long sex can cause the urethra to itch; especially since I was wearing a condom the entire time, and didn't shower before. They've also told me that the STD does not get better, it only gets worse once symptoms start generally. I still went to the clinic today, but it was packed, and since I'm not necessarily exhibiting "symptoms" I called it off. Any thoughts on this? Probably just freaking myself out? The last time I went to the clinic for bumps on my penis, it was flea bites, and I don't want to waste their time again...
this was protected sex so the odds that this is std related  are low.

if you rubbed your arm for 2-3 hours straight it would get irritated too.   you gotta be kind to the lil guy!

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.