STDs / STIs Community

Key characteristics primary HIV/Infection?

I gave oral sex to a man on Tuesday, got a sore throat on Thursday. Not the worst I ever had, and it's persisting now til a third day after it started. I have no symptoms of anything else - no fever, rash, diarrhea, and a nurse glanced in my mouth and said it seems I have some viral phrayngitis. I know this is a symptom of acute HIV infection, but there are a bunch of others and I am wondering what are the key symptoms and whether I should be very worried? I am already going to a GUM clinic on Monday, but I'm sure they will tell me they can't test me for anything because it's too soon and I'm really worried.
COMMUNITY LEADER
HIV questions belong in the HIV prevention forum, but a quick answer to your question -

You wouldn't get symptoms of HIV nearly this fast, and oral sex is really low risk for HIV.

Any follow up questions need to be posted in the HIV forum.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.