STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Long Term Penile Burning Sensation

I am a 30 year old male who has ONLY HAD SEX WITH 1 GIRL (my wife).  We have been married for 10 years and together for 13 years.  In march of this year I had gone to a "massage parlor" and received a massage with a "Hand Job" at the end.  Approx 15-20 days later I developed a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis.  I went to the ER and the doctor tested my urine for a urinary tract infection.  That came back negative.  He then took a culture from my urethra for Clamydia and Gon., which came back negative.  A few days later I went to an STD clinic as the pain was still there and repeated all the tests which came back negative.  The pain went away a week or two later.  Now for the last three months I have had the mild burning sensation at the head of my penis come back.  Some days are worse then others and sometimes it goes away for 1 to 4 days.  I have been seen at the ER, my regular doctor, the STD clinic again, and a uroligist, all who can't seem to tell me what is wrong with me.  This is starting to affect my wife and 3 children as I am very short with all of them and always in a bad mood.  I am so scared that I have some sort of STD or some kind of deathly disease.  I don't know what to do at this point.  I now have no health insurance and can't afford to see a doctor, especially for them to say i don't know what is worng with you.  Does anyone have any idea what this could be??  Thanks in advance for your help
This has nothing to do with a STD. Post in men's health or uriology.

I hope when people read this they do NOT make the same mistake of going, of all places to the E.R and waste money on unnecessary STD tests.  

You were at NO risk for ALL STDs.   You are pretty much STD free.  =)   Be happy for that yeah!

What you were describing (from a while back) is irritation from the lotion/lub used during you Hand Job.    And then considering your sexual history, what is also causing this:
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/221430/psychological-aspect-of-STDs-on-these-forums?personal_page_id=1411239
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.