Massage parlor - oral sex with condom

I'm amazed by how little information there is on this subject and I'm more amazed by how dated responses are. Anyway, today I visited a massage parlor and was given a happy ending by the young lady. She gave me oral sex with a condom on. There was no ejaculation in her mouth and while I recognize that symptoms may not be immediately visible, I did not see any lesions or marks on or around her mouth. I asked her about everything and she advised me that she had just been to the doctors within the last two weeks although she is a sex worker so exposure could have happened since then. She did explain that she never allows customers to finish in her mouth, never engages in sexual intercourse, and always, always, uses condoms.

I plan to get tested within the next week and will watch for symptoms. On a scale of 1-10, how likely is it that I may have contracted an STD/STI?  
Hello? Any comments?
Bump? Would someone please provide a response?
Even without a condom, oral sex is safe sex -- not totally risk free, but very low risk for any and all STDs and zero risk for several, including HIV. With a condom there is absolutely no risk of any infection. No STDs, and no bacteria or viruses of any kind, can pass through intact latex or polyurethane. STD testing after such an exposure is pointless.
well Howard,
Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I am curious as to some of the information that you said considering sites like CDC and others say that it is possible to become exposed to herpes and gonorrhea chlamydia even with a condom.
Sorry, didn't mean to start that response will "Well", sounds stuffy. Blame voice to text.

Could you provide more information on your background and where you're getting your information? Everything else I've read says that unprotected oral sex is not safe or risk free, in fact quite the opposite. If a person has G/C, HSV, then they can transmit it to the recipient via the back of the throat, micro abrasions, etc. And while bacteria may not be able to breach the latex, what about the unprotected areas? For example, it's pretty unlikely that saliva won't reach the base of the penis during oral sex.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be trite. I'm just looking for more than "you used a condom, you're safe, the end."
All this is common knowledge amoung STD experts.

Your own analysis is pretty much correct. Condoms aren't perfect because they don't prevent all skin to skin contact. But for oral sex, there is little of that. With a condom, there probably is little oral contact with penile skin. And even if there is, it has to be only with lips, tongue, and saliva -- which is not where oral STDs are carried. When present, they are mostly localized at the back of the throat. Saliva itself rarely transmits any infection.

As I said above, even without condoms, STD experts do not recommend any STD testing at all after any single oral sex exposure unless there are symptoms or other reasons that elevate the risk, such as a known infected partner. With a condom, this simply isn't an exposure to worry about.
Thanks Howard. As stated, I still plan to get tested to be triple safe. I'd like to remain positive and think that it will return negative results. Your feedback has helped to alleviate some anxiety. I'll post if anything comes up. Thanks again.
Hi Howard, Apologies for jumping on this feed but its linked to my question.
I too received protected oral sex, I have been worried about HSV / Syphilis due to her lips contacting the uncovered part / bottom of the shaft. I just don't understand why transmission isn't possible via this route?

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.