STDs / STIs Community

Missed periods and Chlamydia

Chlamydia may give you spotting and bleeding in between your periods but it won't keep you from bleeding if you are ovulating properly.  

If she missed her period it is most likely due to the fact she did not ovulate.

This discussion is related to Am I too paranoid??.
I'm kinda confused...I think this is related to a post on the Expert's forum.

Just a quick question about this - can any STD cause menstrual irregularities, such as heavier periods or even a missed period?

Thanks!
Emma
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yeah, I do think it was posted on a closed comment in the expert's forum.  When that happens, it pops up over here.

Maybe that could happen, but its certainly not the norm.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.