STDs / STIs Community

Molluscum on lips? Please help

Hello everyone,

So long story short, I had a small bump appear just below my lip around the end of December and simply thought it was a pimple.  It was painless and wouldnt itch unless I irritated it (like when I mistakenly tried to pop it).  I left it alone thinking it would go away but it hasn't.  I went to the doctor and was told that they thought it was molluscum and that I should just leave it and it would go away.  It's been quite cold lately and so my lips have begun chapping but out of worry that moisturizing my lips would make this worse I havent and so I worry this could be aiding the spread of these.  They never said anything about it spreading or being contagious.  Now there are more, smaller spots popping up on my lips.  I;ve applied Campho-phenique many times and have begun using hydrogen peroxide and apple cider vinegar to try to bring them to a head but unlike most things I read about molluscum these do not seem to contain any substance or white 'head'.  One the rare occasion that I accidentally scrape off the covering skin the only thing that will happen is that it will ooze a bit of plasma or bleed a little.  I'm not sure exactly what we're looking at here but it's very disconcerting because I haven't been eating out of fear that it will spread them across my lips further. I've also just begun seeing someone and I fear this could be something that could be given to her.  It's very depressing and I'm not sure what to do as I feel very lost right now.  Any help you folks would give would be extremely appreciated.  Thanks :)

Here is a link to a photo of what they currently look like.  

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/sabrepilot9000/552b0b66.jpg[/IMG]

It's not quite as bad as it looks since most of it is lip chapping.  But you can see the individual spots.
we don't look at photos here. why not is explained in our read before posting post on this forum.

personally there's no reason for your provider to have not dealt with this better. at this point I recommend seeing a dermatologist for a 2nd opinion.   the odds of having 1 molluscum and having it appear on the lip area are small.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.