STDs / STIs Community

Molluscum

About 6 months ago I started noticing bumps on my genital area. About one month ago I had a doctors appointment set up already to freeze some potentially hpv infected spots in my cervix, so while I was in there I asked my doctor about these spots freaking out that they were herpes or genital warts. She told me that they aren't genital warts because of the way they looked and told me that it looks like Molluscum Contagiosum virus. She even perscribed me a topical ointment called Aldara to use every other day on the spots. It's been a little over a month and there is no improvement. I am so self conscious about these bumps and they're now spreading down my upper thighs. I'm going to the bahamas in December and I want to be able to wear a swim suit on the beach. I found an organic medicine for this on a web site called pure-healing.com and I'm wondering if I should try it or not. I want nothing more than to feel comfortable in a swim suit or shorts or even my boyfriend seeing me naked again. If this isn't a good idea, do you have any suggestions for something else??? Thank you very much.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Why don't you try letting your doctor freeze them?  Its so much easier than using the aldara, and they might go away in one treatment.  Call your doc and ask if she can do that, or find an std clinic that will be able to do it.

You do know that molluscum is contagious, right?  See www.ashastd.org for more info on molluscum.

Aj
Yea, in the research I found out that it was contagious... I did have my doctor try freezing them while I was in for the appointment and it didn't work. I will look at the sight and see what I can find out. Thank you.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.