STDs / STIs Community

NEURO SYPHILIS?

Hey all,
About five years ago I had contact with a girl through thin clothing and heavy dry/somewhat wet humping, but definite possibility to transfer fluids from a sore.  I feel like I may have felt abnormalty in her vagina, like a large lump that made her opening much tighter to get through.  I was just a freshman in college and she was one that seemed to have drug problem later i found out.   I remember getting a pimple like sore below the opening of the urethra that woudnt go away.   I would break into sweats often and hair loss with tiny white bumps on the top of my feet that were uncomfortable. Never a rash on palms or soles of feet that i can remember though.  Also had strong urinary symptoms of leaking and not being able to "shut off urine" and anal itching and secretion, along with abnormal stools.   Years went by, and would still break into sweats at random times and some hair loss but felt generally well.  About three months ago I woke up one morning and threw up after drinking, but hadnt drank that much.  I have not felt well since, having extreme fatigue, neck and head ache,  major heat sensitivty, heart palpitations, little bit of rash that lasted a few weeks under left pectoral and some on arm and some night sweats.  Tingling in hands and feet that have been going on for longer than the three months.  I got tested for all STDs, HIV nonreactive and Syphilis nonreactive.  Can the syphilis test be negative and still have it since its been this long.  My recent sexual realationship has been in the clear and my partner was tested before and during our relationship and she is clean as well.  I have a 1/4 shaped abnormal circular sore that has been on the top of my penis for quite along time and the one around the openng is still there.  Some more discomfort around the penis as well as still having urinary symptoms and anal leakage and some itching. Ive never had a culture yet.  Any ideas?  The main point is that the instance 5 years ago has to be the time i would have got it and I am scared the RPR was falsley negative and I am showing signs of teritary syphilis or neuro syphilis.  Let me know your thoughts, I would really appreciate it!
If you had syphilis you would have tested positive for it. And you have to come into direct contact with a syphilis sore. It is not transfered through clothing.
Even if there were secretions able to pass? it was in bed and lots of rubbing and thin underwear?  It doesnt have to be penetrative right?
it has to be direct skin contact with the sore. not through any piece of clothing...direct contact.
so does this mean fingering as well?
is it possible...yes. likely though...no because the skin on the fingers is very tough and really does not take to a syphilis infection. and you would notice a big sore on your finger.
If they do a syphillis blood test today and you had it in the past you will still show a titre level in your blood- this does not mean that you currently have it.. I believe if the titre level is low it is a past infection.  I was tested last year for all std's and to my surprise they told me that I had a past exposure to it- I HAD NO IDEA THAT I EVER HAD IT... I was never treated for it.. I have been on a ton of anti-biotics in the past so I guess they would have treated it... once you have a syphillis cancre and it goes away do you get more of them ???  After reading billdance's post I am freaking out as I have similar symptoms... does this mean we should get tested for Neuro ????
no i see no reason for it
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.