STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

NON-REACTIVE result.

Hi.

I had unprotected sex around the date of 03/03/09,and took the an STD test on 05/02/09.
RPR - Syphilis : Non-reactive - your test is negative.
HIV 1 Antibodies : Non-reactive. (%75 the lab said on the phone) - your test is negative.
also on the page was :
Antibodies IgG Index = Negative 1.09
Your Screening Test for Herpes 1 IgG is POSITIVE.
Your Screening Test for Herpes 2 IgG is NEGATIVE.

-I would appreciated to know please what is Non-reactive really means,and if you suggest I should retest for HIV 1 if yes how long i should wait to retest,also I did not notice any symptoms or anything different about my body from herpes or nether hiv till this day 05/22/09
ANY help or info would be much appreciated.
non reactive is negative.
Here are the right testing times for unprotected encounters:
Gonorrhea and chlymida- 1 week post exposure
Syphilis-6 weeks
HIV-3 months
Herpes-4 months
Testing at the above times will give you 100% conclusive results.

Any follow up questions on herpes of HIV need to be posting in the correct forums. See the link above, they will have the best info on follow up questions.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.