Nerve problem?

I had gotten tested last October due to receiving oral and I hate a weird feeling on my penis like it was like a tingling sensation, including a slight itch and these unexplainable sharp feeling on my head. It comes and goes. Come to find out I was completely negative on my test results. Plus the doctor briefly explained to me that it's something that happens after sex, oral and etc. like it's some type of side effect. Now, I'm feeling the same feeling down there and this time I didn't receive oral, but just a handjob w/o lubricant and was wondering what could be the cause of that. Is it a nerve thing or bacterial? And is it something I should be concerned about? And will this happen all the time when I do certain things like sex or oral?
Do you know what this could be ? I'm really concerned about this and I'm afraid it's herpes.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, just having tingling with no sore developing would not be herpes related. If the symptoms are topical then maybe a fungal infection.
Because I noticed when I finished masterbating the other day is what triggered the sharp feeling and itching and etc. plus the tip was rubbing against the boxers a lot.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.