STDs / STIs Community

Oral Gonorrhoea Risk?

I have been reading the site and reviewing information in relation to Oral Std risks – its seems they are exceedingly rare for all infections. I had a very brief unprotected oral (30 seconds) and got paranoid that I had contracted gonorrhoea and started to panic, I then started to do some research on this matter and wondered if you could review my findings below:

According to UK statistics, Gonorrhoea was recorded at 35,000 infections in the UK last year, this doesn’t seem so bad considering a population of 65 million. Doc Handsfield and Doc Hook have made reference that oral infection accounts for around 1% of all Gonorrhoea cases and 70/80% come from gay men.

So I have come to this calculation 35,000 infections x 0.01 (1%) = 350 infected from oral sex. Then 350 x 0.20 (20% from straight men) = 70. Would this calculation be near accurate???

Gonorrhoea in the UK must be quite rare because by my calculations, contracting this via (straight) oral sex is near 1 in 1 million?
Yes, probably even less of a risk.
Thanks Vance.

So based on the UK figures provided above (35,000 cases of gonorrhoea with 1% from oral), the chance of catching gonorrhoea from fellatio (man from women) would be less than 1 in 1 million? is that correct?
Yes
Hi Vance,

So contracting gonorrhoea from insertive oral sex near is 1 in 1 million?

Why do some medical advisors advise for testing if the risks are 1 in 1 million?

Surely these transmissions cant happen that regular?
Testing if you have a partner to be safe or to easy your mind.
Final Q:

I had a very brief exposure (30 seconds), I decided not to get tested because I had no symptoms after 10 days.

1. In the 1 in 1 million chance that I had contracted this without knowing and passed this to my partner, would one of us have had symptoms by now?

2. Considering it’s been 6 months with no symptoms, how likely would it be that gonorrhoea would have self-cured? (unlikely, very likely etc)

3. Doc Hook made reference to 1 month self-cure for a man and 3 months for a women? Is this correct?

Thank you!
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.