STDs / STIs Community

Oral STD?

I performed oral sex on a guy about 4 weeks ago.  The event lasted about 45 minutes, and needless to say, my tounge was sore/raw feeling by the end. He did not ejaculate in my mouth. My tounge is still sore and has a small, almost white area in the middle area of my tounge that is causing this soreness. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Could be almost anything.  A yeast infection/bacterial infection/or you could have just irritated the taste buds and they need to heal.  Try using a mouthwash that has peroxide in it.  If it doesn't go away or start getting better soon, see a doctor and then he could prescribe something, probably a prescription mouthwash.  I think if it was an STD, it would be getting worse and not staying the same.  It's doesn't sound like herpes either.  Good luck!
I was with a guy this weekend and we had oral sex.  Now, a couple of days later I feel a lot of roughness inside my mouth but I don't see anything.  It feels rough in my inner bottom and upper lip and also in the back of my throat.  My tongue is also a bit white in the middle and I have a couple of bumps.  I'm really freaking out.  Could this be some type of STD??

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.