STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Oral sex std risk

Is it possible for two people who have never been sexually active with anyone other partners other than their current one, to get an std? My girlfriend and I recently had unprotected oral (she gave me a blow job). So it it possible for either of us to get an std?  Neither of us have had previous sexual partners (ie we are each other's firsts) and we are monogamous.

Also the very same day (of giving unprotected oral) she got a cough. Are these two in relation or just a coincidence.
( btw neither of us has HIV)
No
Thank you !
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.