STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Oral sex with blood and sore in mouth

I've seen mixed comments all over the Internet about when performing oral sex on a woman and would like to understand better the risk and if I should go get tested. I am having MAJOR anxiety about this and need to understand better.

I met a woman last night mid 40s un married and claimed she had not had sex in a long time. Maybe 2 years since her last sex encounter according to her. I gave her oral sex about 6 times last night and at one point last night I noticed a sore under my tongue. It does not appear "open" but is a sore for sure. Also this morning I noticed when she left, I noticed brownish stains on the sheets that appeared to be vaginal blood. I've read all over the internet that oral sex on a woman is considered low risk but risk increases of blood and if sore in mouth. What I'm trying to understand is what is the real risk in my scenario and what should I do. Thanks in advance for you help I am so unbelievably sacred and consumed with fear.
It is extremely low. For your own protection though and for that of your next partner as well as getting over anxiety, some testing would be appropriate.
In 2 weeks, obtain a throat swab for Gon/Chlam; obviously must be a throat swab.
At the 12 week mark test for syphilis and Hep C.
HIV testing is not really recommended after an exposure of this nature, but may be useful to update your status at 28 days with a 4th generation DUO test - good to show your next partner a negative here!
Even if any of these were present, transmission through oral sex is a very low chance.
Very low chance of any STD/STI.

It may be time to update your status though so suggest:
- Chlam/Gon at 2 weeks
- HIV at 4 weeks (4th gen duo) no chance but good to know status
- Syphilis and Hep C at 12 weeks.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.