STDs / STIs Community

Over the counter drug for Gonorrhoea

I had unprotected sex about 3 years ago. After that I got panicked and have undergone tests for HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes, Syphilis, Chlamydia (blood test) many times. All have been negative and I am satisfied with the results also.
However, I never got tested for Gonorrhoea. One time the testing facility lost my urine sample which was to be tested for gonorrhoea. And once the facility just refused to test my urine sample saying I am worrying unnecessarily !One doctor told me last year that even if I had acquired it, it would have been gone by now.

However recently i am a bit more worried since I am going to be married. I heard that there is an over the  counter antibiotic (I think ceftriaxone) and I just need to take one dose of it. Can I take it?
We don't advise on self-medicating. Most men who get gonorrhea get very noticeable symptoms.  It is not likely you got gonorrhea and did not notice the dripping discharge associated with it. Also, if you had let it go untreated for 3 years, you would have noticed severe symptoms long before now.  At this point, you are worrying about nothing.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.